Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 1, 2009

Im not sure exactly why my comp gets down on himself. One reason maybe is that he is missing home bad, and he doesnt hesitate to tell people. For the Pinata, i made a pumpkin and a weird one that didnt turn out so i drew halloween stuff on it.
No halloween isnt celebrated here like in the States. There was mabye one small festival that i saw. No kids roaming the streets for candy.
There is no one in the town because its so country. The people that do live here know who we are and those that dont are gone from the city all day. We have been everywhere, in almost every town that we can get to to find people. I DO HAVE GOOD NEWS THOUGH. There is a brazilian couple, the wife is a recent convert, and the husband goes to church all the time. Well we made an appointment with the husband to teach him. Since it was in portugese, my comp wanted me to teach most of the lesson and he translate. I thought that was ridiculous, but i agreed. I prayed onn what to do, and after my prayer i told my comp we can get a bap date out of this lesson. THEN BAMM! Lesson 1, comp gave 1st vision i explained the rest and shared 2Nephi 22:2 with what my comp says is a powerful testimony. His date is for the 22nd. The last day of the transfer! First Bap date of the mission
Yea, we arent aloud to do things like that in Japan, the only thing we can do in front of shops or the train stations is pass out english class flyers.
You wanna hear a funny story. Friday was an all mission conference, and we HAD to get flew shots. Well sunday morning i woke up sick. Monday morning, stil sick. Went to a pharmacist to get medicine, and he told us that the shot made me sick. oh well. Still kinda sick but cant let that stop things.
Im goint to be sending a drawing home that i did. Ill send 2 copies. I want Dad to take one to Uncle Guy, Ill probably write a letter to go with it
K well i only got 30 minutes today since we went to the temple yesterday with the ward, so gotta go
LOVE YOU
Elder PR Coffey

No comments:

Post a Comment